Demand-side energy efficiency programme in industry
|Focus area||Energy efficiency|
|Type of action||Strategy/Policy|
|Submitted to UNFCCC registry||No|
|Start of initiative||
|Financing and support details|
|Financing status||Not known|
|Financing requested||EUR 0.5 mln|
|Financing received to-date||
|Principal source of financing||Multilateral|
|Principal type of financing||Grant|
|Capacity building required||Unknown|
|Technology transfer required||Unknown|
|International funder(s)||GEF, AfDB|
|Organization providing technical support||RCREEE, Perspectives, Alcor|
To promote energy efficiency activities in the manufacturing sector based on specific incentives and demonstration projects.
Activities: (2012 - 2020)
This programme aims to achieve a cumulative reduction of 2 million tons of oil equivalent in energy consumption and a 8MtCO2e reduction in greenhouse gases over a 10 year period ending in 2020 through the successful implementation of five components:
- Institutional and regulatory framework to support the EE law.
- Demonstration of pilot EE projects.
- Subsidies of energy audits and EE investment feasibilities.
- Training and accreditation of certified energy managers.
- Information dissemination, communication and EE promotion.
Impact and MRV
|Cumulative GHG reductions: 8 MtCO2e|
No information has been provided on mitigative capacity
|Social:||Information has not been provided
|Economic:||Information has not been provided
|Environmental:||Information has not been provided
No MRV plan has been defined
- Mobilizing NAMAs and new market mechanisms to harness mitigation in RCREEE Member States Beyond 2012