National Program for Catalyzing Industrial and Commercial Organic Waste Management in Chile
|Focus area|| |
|Type of action||Strategy/Policy|
|Submitted to UNFCCC registry||Yes|
|Start of initiative||2013|
|Financing and support details|
|Financing status||Seeking financing|
|Total cost||US$ 160 mln|
|Financing requested||US$ 30 mln|
|Financing received to-date|| |
|Principal source of financing||Not known|
|Principal type of financing||Other|
|Capacity building required||Yes|
|Technology transfer required||Yes|
|Proponent(s)||Ministry of Environment|
|International funder(s)|| |
|Organization providing technical support|| |
|Contact||Joost Meijer, email@example.com|
The objective of this NAMA is to catalyse the instalation of the first facilities for industrial and commercial organic waste management in Chile (it does not include household organic waste).
Activities: (2013 - 2023)
The current activities are part of the NAMA:
- Develop national norms to regulate organic waste management;
- Install organic waste treatment plants;
- Co-finance feasibility studies;
- Develop a system for the monitoring, reporting and verification of the emissions reductions resulting from plant instalations that result from this NAMA.
Impact and MRV
|Cumulative GHG reductions: 12 MtCO2e|
No information has been provided on mitigative capacity
|Social:|| Improve relationship between businesses and communities through improved waste management
|Economic:|| Job creation associated with the new waste management installations.
|Environmental:|| Decrease impact on environment through closure of waste dumps.
Reduction in emissions of particulate matter that will result from fewer miles traveled by industries to dispose of their waste.
Annual project-level reporting on the following indicators is required:
- Efficiency of biogas generation per ton of waste treated.
- Production of energy per ton of waste.
- Critical environmental episodes associated with the projects, if any.
- Number of jobs created (directly and indirectly) by the projects.