NAMA for the industrial sector
|Focus area||Energy efficiency|
|Type of action||Strategy/Policy|
|Submitted to UNFCCC registry||Yes|
|Start of initiative|| |
|Financing and support details|
|Financing status||Seeking financing|
|Total cost||US$ 0.95 mln|
|Financing requested||US$ 0.95 mln|
|Financing received to-date|| |
|Principal source of financing||Not known|
|Principal type of financing||Grant|
|Capacity building required||Yes|
|Technology transfer required||No|
|Proponent(s)||Ministry of Environment|
|International funder(s)|| |
|Organization providing technical support|| |
|Contact||Ahmad Alqatarneh, Secretary General, Amman, Um Uthaina, King Faisal Street, Building No.182|
To help industrial sector identify energy and water inefficiencies, renewable energy/low carbon fuel potentials and inefficient waste management. Reduce GHG emissions of the sector by at least 1 Gg CO2 eq annually.
Activities under this NAMA are:
- Grouping of industries according to production line and capacity (categorization).
- Benchmarking for SMEs in areas related to GHGs emissions.
- Select representative sample of SMEs from each group based on benchmarking results in addition to include all large industries such as cement industries.
- Assessment of the current situation to identify the focal areas (hot points) in the selected industries based on the baseline scenarios.
- Generate mitigation scenarios to reduce (GHGs) emissions.
- Conduct mitigation analysis of the generated scenarios to prioritize them.
- Prepare action plan for the most feasible actions on the national level including the Measure, Report and Verify (MRV) for 5 of the most feasible actions
Impact and MRV
|Cumulative GHG reductions: No data available|
No information has been provided on mitigative capacity
|Social:|| Information has not been provided
|Economic:|| Information has not been provided
|Environmental:|| Information has not been provided
No MRV plan has been defined