Bio-energy generation and greenhouse-gases mitigation though organic-waste utilization
|Focus area||Renewable energy (biomass)|
|Type of action||Project|
|Submitted to UNFCCC registry||Yes|
|Start of initiative|| |
|Financing and support details|
|Financing status||Seeking financing|
|Total cost||EUR 19.675 mln|
|Financing requested|| |
|Financing received to-date|| |
|Principal source of financing||Not known|
|Principal type of financing||Not known|
|Capacity building required||Unknown|
|Technology transfer required||Unknown|
|Proponent(s)||Pakistan agriculture Research council PARC, Ministry of National Food Security and Research; Climate Change Division, Cabinet Secretariat Government of Pakistan|
|International funder(s)|| |
|Organization providing technical support|| |
|Contact|| Dr. Bashir Ahmad (Program Leader, Climate Change), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr.Matiullah Khan (Principal Scientific Officer), email@example.com Mr.SajjadHaiderYaldram, Deputy Secretary (CC-II), firstname.lastname@example.org
The overall mission of this project will be to develop and disseminate environment-friendly and cost-effective technologies and management practices of bio-energy generation from organic waste for sustainable development in agriculture and water sectors to attain and sustain cost-effective farming systems and reduce greenhouse gases emission.
- The primary objective of the project will focus on production of biogas from livestock wastes of dairy farms so as to capture and utilize the CH4 gas as a source of bioenergy.
- Conduct diagnostic studies to evaluate the existing pattern of organic-wastes disposal/utilization and the amount of green-house gases emitted in a time span
- Management and utilization of bio-digesters’ slurry as source of bio-fertilizer to substitute the chemical fertilizer; the main source of greenhouse gases at the stage of manufacturing.
- Capacity building of dairy farms for installation of biogas system in solution of trouble shooting.
- Capacity building of the federal/provincial and NGO peoples regarding management of manure and carbon sequestration.
Impact and MRV
|Cumulative GHG reductions: No data available|
The NAMA project will not only mitigate the GHG emission and climate change but will also play vital role in energy shortfall in Pakistan. Deforestation, compensating low cost crop production, lesser pollution in the fields and other areas, organic vegetable crops and fruit production and sowing of fossil fuels. Due to reduction in use of chemical fertilizer, and fossil fuel burring lesser GHG will be emitted."The NAMA project will not only mitigate the GHG emission and climate change but will also play vital role in energy shortfall in Pakistan. Deforestation, compensating low cost crop production, lesser pollution in the fields and other areas, organic vegetable crops and fruit production and sowing of fossil fuels. Due to reduction in use of chemical fertilizer, and fossil fuel burring lesser GHG will be emitted." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
|Social:|| Improvement in livelihood of the communities where NAMA will be intervened.
|Economic:|| *New business activities will be generated regarding bio-gas system installation, repair and maintenance.
|Environmental:|| Promotion in the processing and use of manure rather than chemical fertilizer
Growth in dairy and milk business
No MRV plan has been defined